Friday, March 5, 2010

Former Obama Adviser: Why Is Administration So Unassertive?

Former Obama Adviser: Why Is Administration So Unassertive?

[T]he Obama Administration seemed to try [] to mobilize by depolarizing... it seemed like an effort to compromise your way to deep reform. I've never seen that that has ever worked in the history of this country, and I doubt anywhere, because it's a contradiction. So, on the one hand, the administration was not being clear, aggressive...as it had been in the campaign...and more culpably, the leadership of the reform movements, the people who were fighting for health care, for labor law reform, for environmental reform, for immigration reform, all bought in to this strategy. They all bought into "let Obama do it. He knows what he's doing."

That has been me all this time. I think I'm going to throw up now.

No comments: