Saturday, February 2, 2008

The View from Atop the Mardi Gras Floats

I've always wondered what it's like to be one of the people on the floats!

Pearls of Wisdom from a Parade Pro

A good article on the New Orleans phenomenon of Bead-flation

Also, this latest on the St. Rita's nursing home / Katrina story.

I didn't go to Krewe D'Etat last night. It's my favorite parade. I wish it were on a Saturday instead of a Friday, since that would make it easier for me to make it every year. I'm especially sorry I didn't make it since there were three parades in a row last night too (because of other parades having been rained out). Damn. Now I was debating whether to go to Endymion tonight (my daughter is a teenager and I guess she's decided parades aren't "cool"), but I just found out that the Go-Go's are in the parade. Okay, this child of the eighties can't resist!

No comments: